Before you move to New Zealand
How much do international removals to New Zealand cost?
How much it will cost for overseas removals of your belongings depends on how much you actually want to transport and where you are shipping it to.
Prices start from £3,600 GBP up to £6,440 GBP.
We can also ship excess baggage from as little as £150.
Restricted and prohibited items
The New Zealand Government controls the import of certain goods into the country. If you’re wondering what you can’t take to New Zealand, here’s the list of custom regulations:
- Firearms need a special permit from the New Zealand Police Department and must be stored last in your shipment so that the Customs Office can gain easy access
- Household effects can be imported duty and GST free (i.e. concessionary entry) when shipping to New Zealand provided the guideline criteria is met
- Alcohol is permitted to be imported duty free as long as the criteria is met
- If you hold a visitor permit (a work visa permit for less than one year), you will not be able to receive duty free entry and therefore GST will be payable on the shipment
- Any food – regardless of whether it is cooked, uncooked, fresh, preserved, packaged or dried.
- Plants or plant products
- Other biosecurity risk items – this included animal medicines, biological cultures and soil or water
- Animals or animal products – including meat, fish, honey and dairy products,
- Items that have been used for outdoor or farming activities
For more information on customs regulations, please contact us directly.
How long do removals to New Zealand take
If you are shipping your belongings in your own exclusive use container (known as a Full Container Load [FCL] service), the transit time is approximately between 8-10 weeks door to door.
Which cities in New Zealand do you do removals to?
Moving to New Zealand
How are my belongings packed?
Provide you with professional packing teams who are accredited by the British Association of Removers (BAR).
Specialist, high quality export packing materials are sourced in order to provide maximum protection for your personal effects and household goods. As we are overseas removals specialists, all packing team members are experts in export packing techniques.
Can I ship my car, motorbike, or other vehicle?
You can either ship your car within your own exclusive use container or as part of our shared container service. Simply tell us the car make and model so that we can work out the volume to be included as part of the shipping.