Before you move to Australia
How much do international removals to Australia cost?
How much it will cost for overseas removals of your belongings depends on how much you actually want to transport and where you are shipping it to.
Prices start from £1,500 GBP up to £8,000 GBP.
We can also ship excess baggage from as little as £150.
Restricted and prohibited items
The Australian Government controls the import of certain goods into the country. If you’re wondering what you can’t take to Australia, here’s the list of prohibited goods:
- Dogs with dangerous breeds are prohibited. These include Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, Japanese Tosa, American pit bull terrier or pit bull terrier, Perro de Presa Canario or Presa Canario and any other related breeds.
- Psychoactive substances that have the capacity to induce psychoactive effects. These include synthetic drugs or substance known as illicit drugs.
- Uncanned meat products including preserved meat
- Dairy Products (unless listed as from a country which is foot and mouth free).
- Live Plants (all potted / bare rooted plants, roots, bulbs, cuttings and other viable plant material).
- Seeds and Nuts (including cereal grains, popping corn, chestnuts, pine cones NB: please note that this includes pine cones contained in Christmas decorations and seed ornaments, birdseed, raw nuts and some types of commercially packaged seeds).
- Uncanned Meat Products (all animal species – this includes preserved meat).
- Refrigerators, air conditioning units, motor vehicles or any equipment containing CFCs or Hydro Chlorofluorocarbons is banned from importation into Australia.
How long do removals to Australia take
If you are shipping your belongings in your own exclusive use container (known as a Full Container Load [FCL] service), the transit time is approximately between 8-10 weeks door to door.
The approximate transit time for a shared container / groupage service is between 10 and 12 weeks door to door depending on the destination in Australia.
Which cities in Australia do you do removals to?
- New South Wales
Moving to Australia
How are my belongings packed?
Provide you with professional packing teams who are accredited by the British Association of Removers (BAR).
Specialist, high quality export packing materials are sourced in order to provide maximum protection for your personal effects and household goods. As we are overseas removals specialists, all packing team members are experts in export packing techniques.
Can I ship my car, motorbike, or other vehicle?
You can either ship your car within your own exclusive use container or as part of our shared container service. Simply tell us the car make and model so that we can work out the volume to be included as part of the shipping.